Friday, June 6, 2014

No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars



No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars

I have loved the chocolate nutty goodness of a no bake cookie my whole life. I have also loved any kind of bar dessert. I came across a recipe similar to this one and had to see if I could make it as clean, and delicious as I remember the no bake cookies being. Once I had mixed the ingredients together I couldn't keep my fingers out of it, or my kids. This is an awesome dessert to take to those parties, or family get togethers where you need a good dessert and want a clean option. I hope you like this one as much as my family does.


Ingredients:
4 cups Whole oats not quick oats
1 1/2 cups Shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup Pecans chopped
2 1/2 cups Extra dark chocolate chips
1 cup Coconut oil
1/2 cup Pure maple syrup
1/2 cup Brown rice syrup

In a large bowl add the oats, coconut, pecans, and set aside. In a pot over medium/low heat add chocolate chips, coconut oil, and syrups. Melt the chocolate mixture until smooth and the oil is incorporated. Poor chocolate mixture over oat mixture and stir until well mixed. Press mixture evenly into a 13x9" pan. Place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours then cut into 1-2" squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment