Friday, February 21, 2014

Apple Nachos




I am always trying to think of new and tasty healthy snacks for my kids. These Apple Nachos were a huge hit and are super easy.


Apple Nachos

2 large Granny Smith Apples
1/4 cup Almond butter
1/4 cup Extra dark chocolate chips melted
1/4 cup Shredded raw coconut
Nuts of your choice

Slice apples and place on a plate or tray. Place almond butter and melted chocolate chips in their own zippy bag and snip one corner. Drizzle butter, chocolate, sprinkle coconut and nuts on top.


4 comments:

  1. Do you treat the apples with something so they wont turn brown?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spray them with sprite or diluted Lemon juice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fill a bowl full of water and the juice of one lemon. After I slice the apples I put them straight in the water until I am ready to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would melt a Dove chocolate bar to drizzle on them!

    ReplyDelete