Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer Cucumber Salad





Summer Cucumber Salad

This time of year we are getting all kinds of vegetables from the garden. Some of my favorites are cucumbers and tomatoes. Growing up we used to eat cucumbers and vinegar with black pepper as a snack. I started making my own version of that after I got married and had a garden of my own. This salad is great as a snack or a bbq side dish.

Ingredients:
3 large Cucumbers 
2-3 large Tomatoes
1 medium sized Onion
1/2 cup White vinegar
2-3 Tbs Olive oil
1 tsp Black pepper
1 tbs Agave

Peel and cut cucumbers into 1-2 inch pieces. Cut tomatoes, and onions into roughly the same 1-2 inch size pieces. In a small bowl mix last five ingredients and whisk. Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables and toss until well coated. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours for best taste. 


No comments:

Post a Comment